Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 24 and 25

December 24: Learning Experience

I worked with some cool people back in Grand Rapids before I moved out to Portland, and have had the privilege of staying in touch with them, which is why it was so distressing to read on Twitter earlier this year that one of those friends suffered a freak accident that revealed a huge tumor in his brain. David is a talented communicator and devoted husband, and he's 28.

David had been blogging before about life, but started writing about this from the first hospital bed. And he writes straight from his heart about how he is choosing to respond to this - what he's found is that finding a tumor in his brain is something he's entirely grateful for. Grateful. For a tumor. He's taking leaps like never before, pursuing his dreams and genuinely loving the people around him. No regrets. Most importantly, he is trusting in God and discovering what his faith really looks (and sounds) like.

I'm learning a lot from David. And I'm not the only one. You can follow his blog here: Jump David Jump.


December 25 Gift What's a gift you gave yourself this year that has kept on giving?

Netflix. I love it. I've seen Mad Men, so many amazing episodes of Friday Night Lights and rented old classics like Breakin'. Yes, Breakin'.

This week: Veronica Mars, Season 1. Sigh. This was such a good show.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I am appalled that "kitty cat made from broken ikea parts" was not listed here.

You are dead to me. (insert spitting sound)