Sunday, December 2, 2007

Here

Have only had a couple of "what am I doing??" moments so far :)

I met another volunteer in the airport in Atlanta, and we shared the plane down to Chile with a very large group of elderly folks getting ready to go on a cruise. Good times. I sat next to Raquel, a woman from Chile who now lives in Denver - she is visiting her son in Santiago, and was nice enough to help me stumble through my broken Spanish.

We got in this morning around 10, made it through customs with only one invitation to go dancing later, and now I'm sitting at Hostal Sammy having something to eat before we get in our room. Yes, our room. Six of us new volunteers in one room for the week. Fortunately, the hostel is pretty nice with a nice patio, lots of shade and free wi-fi.

And for all you Michiganders... it's beautiful. Flowers, sun, green leaves everywhere. It's hot! I'll post pictures soon...

4 comments:

Beasley Family said...

So glad you made it safely. And I'm glad that you are on this adventure. I hope that you are able to settle well and get started on your work.

From frosty Michigan,

Adam B.

Julie said...

yes, glad you made it!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, Glad you made it safely!! What an opportunity for you! Good luck to you in the next few months. We will enjoy reading about your adventures!!

Chris & Debbie

Anonymous said...

hurray! so glad to hear that you made it safely, that the weather is better than GR (how could it not be!) and that those Friday nights at Mezze have prepared you well. :)