Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a few things:

1. I promise to write more - if not for your enjoyment, for my much-needed practice.
2. God is good. He has given me so much in Portland, and though I miss my family like crazy, I am here, and present.
3. Some of the craziness that I call my life lately:
  • my girl Steph visited last weekend, and even though the weather was not great, we went to the coast, hiked in the Gorge, got a tour of a brewery and ate out SO GOOD. She and I are kindergarten buddies, and she will always be a close, close friend.
  • My car is on clutch #2 - in nine months!
  • Nina Simone rocks my world.
  • I am headed to Nicaragua in 3 weeks to visit my friend Beth!
  • I had a visit from my volunteer bud Christy on Sunday - I miss that girl (and her hilarious laugh!)

On a more serious note, I know a lovely couple in Grand Rapids who recently found out that one of them has a brain tumor. David and Amy are two amazing people, and David's courage and faith is reminding me about who God is and who he calls us to be.

I've also been thinking about purpose, drive, passion and reality lately. After I graduated from college (8 years ago!), I worked in marketing and it was an interesting experience. But I chose to quit my job and move to Chile for four months - now I'm not sure where I stand. I'm not sure what I truly want to pursue, although I know that there is something that I am passionate about. It's just escaping me, or I'm afraid to go after whatever it is. I'm needing courage right now, determination, and a healthy dose of reality...

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

I am glad you are writing more! :)Here's to courage....